Monday, April 6, 2020

Dearest for all!

Grandmother! She is our family’s dearest and most loved member. She is a soul with full of life and a versatile personality. She has always supported and inspired her grandchildren to proceed towards quality life. I have been the closest of her grandchildren. She talks to me to smile but I cannot be with her all the time. These are some lines dedicated to the heart of gold, my Daadi. She has given more than a decade of her life in my upbringing during my childhood. I always shared her bed and her room till I had my own. The food is tastier when we eat in her room on the floor watching popular television shows and daily soaps. She is my ‘Darling Daadi’.


Dearest for all

She is active since dawn,
flowing like a waterfall 
Advanced in thoughts; 
adored by all 
Her sojourn to her families spread 
Is like stable pearls and a moving thread 
My days glorify with the holy angel 
Daadi is superb, noble and humble 
Her giving nature is bonus for us 
Daadi dials English numbers 
without any fuss 
She lives her life in true sense 
And carries immense patience 
So much in her is unshared 
Daadi and I are divinely paired 
Just by observing her pain 
Brings me in tears 
Getting old is something 
I just can’t reverse 
Lesser I see her 
More I miss her 
She loves me much more 
Than I can ever ponder 
Ironical to her age and time 
Aware of all that sparks and shine 
Eats less when she dines 
Talks more if her daughter is on the line 
Being like her is impossible 
Yet I try very hard 
Learning spirit of hers is the best guard 
To walk with us hand in hand 
And also with generations when they stand. 



You can read my other blogs:

About Neeti SawarthiaTibrewala

           Neeti's Zentangle Journey

           Tangles by Neeti

           Poems by Neeti

           Tangling workshop by Neeti

No comments:

Post a Comment